Raydium 3D Game Engine

Official forum for everything about Raydium, ManiaDrive, MeMak, ...
It is currently Tue Mar 19, 2024 10:08 am

All times are UTC

PostPosted: Thu Apr 12, 2007 6:32 pm 

Alright, I guess I should of delved deeper into radium before asking this but I might as well ask now :D.

I saw another thread saying to use md2 for models, but this might be slightly dated. How would one do ragdoll with md2?

If this has been changed in favour of a better format what is it at and does it have good blender3d support? (I'm on ubuntu, and windows tools under wine doesn't appeal to me).

(Raydium is looking great to me so far. I speak french kind of, but google language tools are thy saviour. They work great, very little errors... noticable to the english eye ;)).

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Apr 13, 2007 8:50 am 

Hi !

It's hard to change this, but we do our best to make the project as "international" as possible, even if there's always too much french posts in this forum :)

About animations, there's some bad news ... Raydium supports MD2, that's right, but we now knows that this format is not a good idea: it's heavy (consume a lot of memory) and hard to create/modify with free/oss tools. So we planned a new animation system, currently in work. And there's no ragdoll support with MD2, since it's not a skeletal system :/

A few ref about this, if you're interested :
viewtopic.php?t=592
viewtopic.php?t=268

So, currently, RagDolls are "just" a bunch of jointed elements with no "skin morphing". You can have a look to the ragdoll demo (ragdoll.c) in Raydium sources to see how it looks :)