Raydium 3D Game Engine

Official forum for everything about Raydium, ManiaDrive, MeMak, ...
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 8:15 pm

All times are UTC

Post subject: Question and Suggestions
PostPosted: Thu May 18, 2006 5:28 pm 
First I'd like to say, that this game is really great, please keep up the good work - I'm really addicted and I love the live score, although I didn't manage to drive a new word record yet (damn you, bLEF) ;).

Is it somehow possible to remap the the joystick controls (via config file?), because it's really awkward that I have to press up to accelerate.

And it would be nice, if you could make the suspension of the cars a bit weaker, it's really strange how the car starts to bounce when you drive down a slope fast.

And it would be really great if the game would save the split times at the checkpoints and submit them to the live scores, too. This would be nice because you could display how much faster or slower you are in a section of the track.

Thanks for the answers in advance and many many thanks. This is really a great addition to linux gaming.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu May 18, 2006 7:53 pm 

Hi,

Joystick/joypad controls configuration is not available, but is planned. The major problem right now about this is that joy support is not available at all under win32 ... We need to complete this point before.

Car physics can't move. All times, tracks, jumps, ... are based on current car physics. You need to master the current car ... or wait for the next "world" (wich will come with a new car) :)

About split times, the idea is great ! good point :) It requires a bit of work on game and website, but I'll think about this :)

And thanks a lot for your post :)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri May 19, 2006 10:59 pm 
Xfennec wrote:
Car physics can't move. All times, tracks, jumps, ... are based on current car physics. You need to master the current car ... or wait for the next "world" (wich will come with a new car) :)

I already learned how to master the car I guess (look at my live scores). ;)
Maybe it's a problem of the tracks and not of the physics after all. Tracks like dancing for example depend on pure luck if you want to beat the highscore. A track like mans does however feel fine.
And the keyboard controls are a bit too sensitive, but this has been mentioned already on the forums.

Xfennec wrote:
About split times, the idea is great ! good point :) It requires a bit of work on game and website, but I'll think about this :)

This would be truly a great feature and would bring me much motivation, because I could see where I have to improve.

I was brainstorming today and came up with some more ideas (I hope you don't mind). I do of course not expect anything to appear in the game anytime soon (or at all), because I know you do this in your free-time.

- Ideas for new track tiles: A small ramp with which you can drive on two wheels and a tile with a narrow path where you can only drive through when driving on two wheels. This would result in some nice maps where the driver can choose between a longer path around the narrow path or driving through the narrow passage by driving on two wheels.

- Replays (but this was probably mentioned before)

- Maybe some minigames like a two wheels challenge or a long jump challenge or a stunt mode where you get points for spectecular actions (the more axis rotations the more points).

- Tilting of tiles in the track editor with the mousewheel and adjusting the height of the tiles via shift + mousewheel - This would make editing a lot easier.

- A handbrake would make quick turning easier.

- Different types of pavement like cobblestone, sand, dirt (but I guess this could be pretty hard to include).

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri May 19, 2006 11:01 pm 
Oh damn - didn't enter a name in the last message. Sorry. ;)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri May 19, 2006 11:56 pm 
Hmmm - is there some kind of bug with the live scores? When I check my times it tells me, that I'm 18th on bennin and 23th on bump. But when I click the tracks it says I'm on 8 (bump) and 7 (bennin). Strange.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat May 20, 2006 12:16 am 

maybe the page shows only the best score for each player. You have the 18th best time, but you are the 8th best player!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat May 20, 2006 10:13 am 
cghislai wrote:
maybe the page shows only the best score for each player. You have the 18th best time, but you are the 8th best player!

Ah, okay, thanks - yes that sounds right. Didn't think about that. :D