|Raydium 3D Game Engine
|'Canyon' bug and a time count one.
|Page 1 of 1|
|Author:||Szift [ Mon Sep 11, 2006 8:33 am ]|
|Post subject:||'Canyon' bug and a time count one.|
So I think I found two bugs in the current 1.2 version.
First of all, when I land on that 'Canyon'-rock-tunnel object, the cars steering is reversed and it's quite hard to drive off it and not land on the roof.
Also if I somehow get stuck on the side wall of that tunnel (it did happen to me more than once) I'm totally stuck, cause even with the backward driving, I can't drive off it.
The other bug is a minor one, and maybe it was intended to work this way, but when a gold time is i.e. 26.500 seconds, then I thought that getting to the finish in EXACTLY this time is enough to win, but no!
I did it once and only once. My time was EXACTLY the same (26.500) as the gold time and I got the "Try again" text. That's what I call frustrating
Finally the game is great wild and hard, though, great
My wishes are:
- a reply mode in which we can change the cameras and zoom-in/out just like during the game - maybe a save reply button also? - that way we could share Our most enjoyed stunt crashes for others to watch (had a few of those that I think You'd like)
- a possibility to add more stationary cameras and cycle trough them with F5
and to make them remember the zoom setting
- a blow-up-everything key that I can press when on the 53rd try I reach the finish just 0.001 second late (I did that also once) and my frustration hits the limits and I want to blow-up-everything
A yes, I remembered of another bug. Somehow jumping on (and off) the Canyon platforms I got my car stuck, hanging by a wheel to the barier.
The slang translation for what I said then is: WTF????
And the Super Clio Bros 2 is a killer but maybe I'll finish it someday
|Author:||Xfennec [ Mon Sep 11, 2006 9:25 am ]|
Hi, and thanks for your complete report
Point by point:
- Ground physic is single sided, meaning you're not supposed to land on the roof of the tunnel Same story with the barrier, which "works" only on its inside side. We'll try to correct all this for next "worlds" (new set of blocks and new car with new physics).
- "Exact same time": You're right ! The code says:
... so you must break the gold time to pass the level I'll think about changing this ... I never thought someone could finish in the exact same time, in facts
- Replays: These are on the TODO since a lot time, now ...
About static cameras, this is a bit more complex, since we must add camera "places" to tracks ...
- "Apocalypse key" ... No that a bad idea, hehe
Last point, I can say you that Super Clio Bros 2 is using a small physic trick ... Good luck
|Author:||Szift [ Mon Sep 11, 2006 3:41 pm ]|
well now I get it ;]
was hard to hit the finish line, but I finally made it and I like it
on another note, would You use/need any help with coding or a mirror in Poland/Krakow?
I'd like to help if I could, though there's a restriction:
I don't know French, only Polish and a bit of English :]
|Author:||Xfennec [ Mon Sep 11, 2006 4:00 pm ]|
We accept all contribs, so feel free
|Page 1 of 1||All times are UTC|
|Powered by phpBB® Forum Software © phpBB Group