Raydium 3D Game Engine

Official forum for everything about Raydium, ManiaDrive, MeMak, ...
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 11:30 am

All times are UTC

Post subject: MAZ 3D Game Engine
PostPosted: Mon Oct 30, 2006 7:45 pm 

Guies need you comments... about my project. i think its a game engine

MAZ 3D Game EngineConsist of

Maze Creator as Level Editor
Defining Mission Objectives
Defining Behaviour of the Objects
Postioning Enimies
Rendering Engine
Sound Engine
Physics Engine
A.I Engine
and many others

About Game Engine
MAZ 3D Game Engine enables the users to develop the 3D first person shooting games without knowing 3D mathematics, physics, low level routines and programming language concept. It is as easy as a single mission can be made in 15 minutes by just doing some clicks.

Think like A director
Now think like a story writer. Just write down a story and characters and our game engine will help you to implement the story.

How It work
MAZ 3D Game Engine does not require the understanding of the 3D mathematics or physics the game engine perform these tasks internally. It even does not require the understanding of the programming language.

can see full detail on
MAZ 3D Game Engine
http://www.pakssg.com/engine.php

PAK SSG :: Buy or Learn Free IT Solutions
Pakistan Software Solution Group
http://www.pakssg.com
PAK SSG is a team of students, learners, Teachers, professionals, engineers and authors.
The team is not only consists of internal members, but also the best professional from recognized software houses, solution providers and universities.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Oct 30, 2006 8:20 pm 

Is this a ... spam ? Wrong topic ... no source ... I see no reason to comment anything here :/

If there's no answer from you until tomorrow, I will delete this thread, considering it as spam. Otherwise, give us more ... material :)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Oct 31, 2006 8:06 am 

i think it's spam... or else this guy has not understood the finallity of this forum.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Oct 31, 2006 12:00 pm 

Xfennec wrote:
If there's no answer from you until tomorrow, ...

So kind ;)

24 hours, it's long enough for the google bots to index this site with more popularity it deserve :roll:

Post subject: Hi guies
PostPosted: Tue Oct 31, 2006 6:09 pm 

This is my college project and i have taken a page from my friends site to display the information.

what i need to ask is it can be called a game engine or not. because some of the students were saying it is a wrapper or what ever...

what i tried is there is no coding required... this project is only 60 % complete....
I though that there are lot of people over here who can judge this project so that i can submit in my college...
and also in our college no body has made such project and teachers are as well not able to check this project... they are going to reject my final project...

so the effort i put for it... i want to be apperciated or crtisiesd...
mean i want some body who can atleast understand what i am trying to design....
so the details are as follows
About Engine
It is a first Game engine, for 3D first person shooting games. In development of this game engine no outsourcing has been done. PAK SSG has built this engine internally without the help or resources of any third party game industry or developers. This is the world first game engine for 3D first person shooting game with quality of game play require not even a single line of code to develop games.
This game engine was built in keeping in mind that most of the computer users play games and some where in playing games they think them self as hero or some time they wish that they must develop a game but its not any easy task to develop a game. And with the entrance of 3D concepts the game industry has evolved greatly.

PUCIT Shooters
Think like A director
MAZ 3D game engine enables you make your own games implement your story and characters as you wish. Now think like a story writer. Just write down a story and characters and our game engine will help you to implement the story. This engine is so simple that you can make a single stage in less than 20 minutes by doing some clicks.
It’s different from all the game engines that have been launched in the market because all of them were made for the expert and experienced developers. In order to use any of the game engines, developer has to learn many difficult and time consuming concepts.

Survival of Death
How It works
MAZ 3D Game Engine does not require the understanding of the 3D mathematics or physics the game engine perform these tasks internally. It even does not require the understanding of the programming language.
The game engine provide you a limited gallery of 3D models, like buildings, walls, keys, Weapons, bullets, characters, medic pack, surfaces, furniture, locks and enemies.
A ) Maze Creation
Select one of the model, place in the stage provided with grid from top view. You can create the whole city or what ever you like for game play. Build roads, streets, towns and draw boundaries of your city.

B ) Character Positioning
You can place different characters, by selecting from the gallery, in the stage to give a real life to the game. The characters involve the civilian and enemies. Civilian do nothing except they can talk to you and help you to complete the objectives. Moreover civilian can be part of mission objectives, you can rescue them or can meet them for getting some information.
Enemies are the main victims in the game. You can add them to fight against them. Enemies can be soldiers, bad guys, animals or zombies.

C ) Behavior Setting
The game engine provides a set of behaviors that can be stetted easily. For example, Place a medical kit on the screen and set the behavior to the increase health and give the quantity by which the health will be increased. When player collide with the medical pack it will increase the health of player by the amount given to the pack. Similarly, Place a door on the stage and set behavior to lock, give some hints where to find the key and what it is.

Here in picture the behavior is "lock" and the message is "find the red card". When player try to interact with the door he will be prompted a message, this door can be opened with red card key. Or a message can be this prison was under the control of Colonel James. You may look for Colonel James.
You can see 1234 in the Value felid; here it means the password of the door lock. Now the only possibility to open this door is to find an object whose behavior is KEY and Message can be “red card found” and the value (password) must be the same as the door lock, and that is 1234.

Door Object Selected
Behaviour LOCK
Message Find red card
Value 1234 (as password)
Key Object Selected
Behaviour KEY or Unlock
Message Red card Found
Value 1234

Civilian Object Selected
Behaviour TALK
Message Help me Please
Value help.wav(sound file)
Civilian Object Selected
Behaviour TALK
Message Huryup,Find Isabella
Value findisa.wav
Building Object Selected
Behaviour DESTROY
Message Find some C4 bomb
Value C4 (weapon Name)

Medic Object Selected
Behaviour HEALTH
Message Medi Kit Found
Value 10 ( Amount )
Coal Surface Selected
Behaviour DAMAGE
Message you are in danger
Value 5 ( Amount )
Explosive Selected
Behaviour WEAPON
Message you got C4 plastic Bomb
Value C4 (Name)

When ever you select a behaviour, the interface will guide you what to place in which field. so you dont need to remember what comes in which field. and simiarly there are many other options you can select. now using these behaviours you can develop an interactive game. for example if some door is locked and can not be opened. right click on that select the TALK option give the message locked from other side. AMO Selected
Behaviour BULLETS
Message Pistol (weapon Name)
Value 100 (# of bullets)

D ) Adding mission objectives
Any object having behavior can be added as a mission objective. For example, palce a disc object on the stage set properties to, set behaviour to found, message to scret disk found, value to some sound file, and set liability to true.
When ever an object with a behavior is found, the response is triggered and the object is checked for the liability, if the object is liable then the one of the objective is completed. Similarly if any building has a behavior settled to destroy and liability to true is destroyed, the partial objective is completed. Even any of the enemy can be added as an objective by setting the liability to true and when ever the enemy is killed, the objective is completed. The game can not be ended unless and until all the objectives are completed.

MAZ GDK ( Game Development Kit )
If engine still does not fulfill you requirement then you will require MAZ Game Development Kit. Which perform most of the task for you. It provides the sound engine, rendering engine, physics engine and AI engine. Now just call the functions provided by these engines and code according to your needs, but to use the MAZ GDK you will require the concept of some programming language. Where you can write your concept. MAZ GDK will help you with a single line call to load sounds, event based, background music loading and rendering 3D objects, perform collision detection, controlling animations and many more. Example can be as follow.

Main()
{
float x = 0.0,y=0.5,z = 0.0;
MazRenderEngine r1,r2;
MazSoundEngine bgmusic, s1;
MazPhysicsEgine phy;
r1.Load(“enemy.3D”);
r2.Load(“walls.3D”);

bgmusic.Load(“mission1.wav”);
s1.Load(“footstep.wav”);

phy.setPostion(r1.getID( ) , x, y ,z );
phy.setPostion(r2.getID( ) , 100, 0.5, 50 );

while(1)
{
bgmusic.playLoop();
if (keypress)
{
dx = phy.getDX( keypress );
dz = phy.getDZ( keypress );
if ( phy.CanMove( x ,z ,dx ,dz ) == true)
{
s1.Play( );
x += dx;
z += dz;
}
}

r1.RenderAt( x, z );
r2.Render( );
}

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Oct 31, 2006 6:11 pm 

The link was provided becuase i dont know how to type create the tables in this forum section.

so if you follow the link... you can see the formated data.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Oct 31, 2006 9:27 pm 

I was right, you're not a spam bot ;)

For me the problem is simple : I've no idea of what your project is really. It looks quiet OK when you talk about it, but hey ... you're here right at the middle of an (GPL) open source project ! I want to see code, I want to be able to compile the thing myself, ... Here, nothing of this is possible, and even finding a real screenshot is a pain.

You want people talks about your project ? Open a sourceforge project page, free your sources and let the open source jungle act. And make your website a bit more ... humble ;)

My (rude) opinion.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Nov 01, 2006 12:28 am 

yep, this GPL project (raydium) maybe is not the best place to discuss about your closed project.
As Xfennec say you "should" open your project and then no trace of doubt will remain.