Raydium 3D Game Engine

Official forum for everything about Raydium, ManiaDrive, MeMak, ...
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 7:13 pm

All times are UTC

PostPosted: Sun Dec 02, 2007 7:48 pm 
First of all: thank you thank you thank you for this great game!! :D
I played the game on my Asus laptop with Intel Core Duo @2Ghz and NVIDIA GeForce Go 7300 video card and the framerate was very very low (20-30 fps) at 1024x768 (my monitor resolution is 1280x800). Then I tryed in windowed mode (like read on another post) and the framerate grew to 50-60 fps. In my desktop pc, however, the framerate is always on 70-100 fps! and that hardware is a base configuration with a Celeron D @2,66Ghz and an ATI Radeon 9500!
Now I'd like to know if the problem is the different aspect ratio and if is possible to run the game at a custom resolution, maybe can be added the support for widescreen resolutions!
Thank you again for the game and for the support!
Bye!

Edit:
and if I change the resolution editing "raydium.db" in "\Documents & Settings\User\._mania drive\"?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Dec 09, 2007 9:34 pm 

Hi, and sorry for the late answer.

You must know that you cannot setup ManiaDrive resolution for fullscreen mode. The setting in the options menu is only suitable for windowed mode. In fullscreen, ManiaDrive always use desktop's resolution.

So your performance trouble is quiet strange, and more likely due to a driver issue (or a fillrate limit of the Go 7300 at 1280x800). Try updating your video drivers, and/or switch desktop resolution before launching the game.