Raydium 3D Game Engine

Official forum for everything about Raydium, ManiaDrive, MeMak, ...
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 11:22 am

All times are UTC

PostPosted: Mon Oct 12, 2009 10:58 am 

Hello,

Your conf file seems ok.

If thoses files are present, Raydium: ERROR loading configuration file. must not appear.

Can you try to delete thoses file, run application, normaly a new one have to be created. Is it ok ?

Can you try to put this file in raydium home dir (user/xxx/.raydium/data) what kind of error appear ?

i'll try to find some vista pc to test this deeply.

All other files are correctly load from your bin directory ?

Have a nice day.
Ouille

PostPosted: Tue Oct 13, 2009 9:53 pm 

I've tested all mentioned cases in all possible combinations, but the issue exists every time I start the executable. :?
All other applications run as expected, saving and loading from the bin directory.
WinVer.exe wrote:

PostPosted: Wed Oct 14, 2009 11:04 am 

Hello,

Ok, we put it on standby until i found a vista computer and some time to test it on.

Thank's for your help.

Have a nice day.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 28, 2009 4:05 pm 

While working on something else with Code::Blocks, I've found some strange incompatibilities between the latest release of C::B (8.02) and some of our machines.

On our Toshiba L350 laptops, with a clean & fresh install of winXP SP2, the compilation of a simple "hello world" took ages ! So I decided to check if our Raydium SDK (release 904) was also concerned by this issue ... and I'm afraid that the case: compilation of raydium.dll takes almost 2 minutes to complete, and a simple application like anim.c requires something like 1 minute of waiting :) Launching "gcc" itself, without any arguments takes 10 seconds.

I managed to fix the trouble by replacing the "MinGW" subdirectory with a newer release of MinGW (can't remember the release number, but GCC is "3.4.5 mingw vista special r3", the release in the SDK miss the "r3" part). Note that it seems that rayfwh.h is no more needed with this release of MinGW.

Do you think is possible/interesting to apply this "fix" to our SDK ? It would help me a lot, since I'll probably have to use the SDK on many computers quite soon ;) (and it could be a good "advert" for the engine if the vanilla official SDK can do the job)

PostPosted: Sun Nov 01, 2009 7:44 pm 

Hello,

It look like a mingwin problem and not code block one.

I have several problem with mingwin and vista.

But on xp i have no problem on lot's of computer tested.

I'll try to update the sdk with the last mingwin release. I think it is not a problem.

Have a nice day.
Ouille

PostPosted: Sun Nov 01, 2009 10:40 pm 

Hello,

Win32 sdk updated with new mingwin version (R3).

Thank's to 7z sdk size is now 20Mio !

Tests et feedback welcome.

have a nice day
Ouille.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 04, 2009 10:03 am 

The SDK 908 fix the issue, thanks !

Isn't the 7z format a bit "restrictive" ? While the genuine ZIP format is way less powerful, everybody is able to uncompress it without anything else than windows itself. Am I wrong ?

PostPosted: Wed Nov 04, 2009 1:58 pm 

Hello,

If size matter ...

.7z archive is half the size of zip one.

As my internet is quite slow, it save me half an hour to update sdk. If it's a problem for someone i can distribute .zip sdk it's not a big problem.

Testing this sdk i found that raydium dir is no more "svn" ready, can you test it please ?

Have a nice day
Ouille.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 04, 2009 3:51 pm 

Tested on one machine, with a fresh install of Tortoise SVN (1.6.6), without any trouble. "raydium/" directory is SVN ready, and update does not generate the "clean tmp whatever..." error that I was used to (with old SDK and/or Tortoise release)

Will check on my own machine this evening.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 04, 2009 4:04 pm 

PS: also, just tested with my VirtualBox VM, and it works perfectly too. SVN ready and update with no error. With "older" Tortoise SVN 1.6.5. But I had to install IZarc ;)

PostPosted: Wed Nov 04, 2009 5:21 pm 

Hello,

7zip work well for un archiving.

So the sdk is ok good news !

Do you now if opengl emulation work on windows host and linux guest, i'd like to test raydium in a vbox.

have a nice day.
Ouille.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 04, 2009 5:38 pm 

VirtualBox supports OpenGL for Linux guests since 2.2, IIRC, but I never tested this.

BTW, good luck, installing a Linux system inside a vbox, with a GL support, for a Linux "newcomer" is probably a bit tricky ! ;) With VirtualBox, Linux is more "suitable" as a host than as a guest, from what I've seen.

edit : we should perhaps provide a link to IZarc or something like that on our download page for the windows SDK, no ?

PostPosted: Wed Nov 04, 2009 7:27 pm 

Hello,

Ok for linux. I already try to install it to test raydium build process. Vincente gave me some info.
EDIT: Found
Perhaps a wiki page with standard packet needed can be usefull (if it not already exist).

About download page you can add link to 7zip or Izarc as you want.

Have a nice day
Ouille

PostPosted: Wed Nov 04, 2009 8:25 pm 

SDK tested with my "main windows machine", everything is OK, Tortoise 1.6.5.

About "standard packet needed", I'm not sure to understand what you mean, but if it's about a list of .deb/.rpm packets that are required by Raydium, it's "distribution specific". Mandriva packet names are not the same as Ubuntu ones, for instance. A common Linux user is easily able to determine which packets are needed when a dependency is missing, so I don't think it's "our job" (speaking of our documentation) to give and maintain a such list.

PostPosted: Fri Nov 06, 2009 1:54 pm 

Small test report:

Yesterday I've downloaded the newest Raydium SDK for Windows (R908,7z) and updated to the current SVN HEAD. On Windows Vista Ultimate and on Windows 7 Ultimate, both 32-bit, the issues reported before are now fixed. All examples run like expected, except mk_jpgs, which is still not build able.

Thank you very much for the great work! :D