Raydium 3D Game Engine

Official forum for everything about Raydium, ManiaDrive, MeMak, ...
It is currently Tue Mar 19, 2024 9:52 am

All times are UTC

PostPosted: Tue Nov 27, 2007 8:41 am 

This is pretty cool! :)

I've been playing around with "my Win32SDK" and manage to build without any problem the mania drive, mania drive 2 and mania server from mingw, and from VC with the DLL i build mania 2 only with a line change (the main include from #include "raydium/index.c" to #include <raydium/raydium.h>

and I've 1 linking error about some string function for mania 1.2 and a compiler error for mania server because VisualC pre compiler doesn't understand the #warning command.

So i hope to make it compile all mania stuff from Visual Studio in some more days.

I also managed to build the ARToolkit from source using mingw which means that I could also include it on the DLL.

Last but not least I started to look at the code of Wii Remote, I guess it won't be too complicated to port it to Win32 also but it take a bit of time since i need to wrap BlueZ on MS specific calls...

My idea is would someone be interested in making some raydium-extras library that adds some useful functions to these 2 libs. Then on the SDK there would be 2 DLLs raydium.dll or raydium.so (on linux) and raydium-extra.dll for people who would like to have those extras.

What are your thoughts on this?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Nov 28, 2007 7:00 pm 

We already have talked about a "contrib" section to add extras like those and a few more that currently are floating in the void...

Really we have to put the bases to that. so Xfennec have to move the next piece :)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Dec 02, 2007 6:33 pm 

Yep, we need a "contrib" directory, with a few rules about what to put or not in this directory so it doesn't becomes quickly a garbage.

About having two DLL, why not. It could be great for people who want to play with these things. But it must be cleat that ARToolkit and Wiimote support are not official currently. And we need to maintain this extra too ("yet another thing to do at each SDK release").

About changing the include from index.c to index.h, the FORCE_LIBRAYDIUM define should do the trick (the engine is supposed to use index.h instead of index.c when defined). Your SDK just have to compile apps with -DFORCE_LIBRAYDIUM