Raydium 3D Game Engine

Official forum for everything about Raydium, ManiaDrive, MeMak, ...
It is currently Tue Mar 19, 2024 10:48 am

All times are UTC

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 58 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Sep 01, 2008 7:39 pm 

Quote:
You can have a look to the new win32 SDK, it's quiet good on this point, IMHO.

Thank You :D :D

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Sep 01, 2008 7:59 pm 

Finally, here it is. The first Raydium SDK for Mac OS X.

Requirements:
- Xcode 2.4 or higher.

Includes:
- Latest Raydium Subversion revision R709.
- Universal binary dependencies for all kinds of i386 and PPC architecture subtypes.
- Xcode 2.4 compatible project files.
- iCompile script to easily build and test applications using a terminal.
- Application template including the Leopard ready IconsFileStore Raydium logo.

Instructions:
1. Download the Raydium SDK for Mac OS X.
2. When the auto-mount option was disabled, double-click the disk image to mount it.
3. Drag & drop the Raydium folder wherever you like to install the SDK (e. g. /Library/Raydium or ~/Library/Raydium).
4. Start up Xcode and load the Raydium.xcodeproj or open a terminal and use the iCompile script to build the samples.

Raydium SDK for Mac OS X: Raydium-R709-MacOSX-SDK.dmg (16MB)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Sep 02, 2008 7:57 pm 

Great News !

I update the wiki right now, upload the file to the website, and post a news on the website.

Nice job, st.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Sep 02, 2008 10:09 pm 

Yeah!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Sep 03, 2008 8:34 am 

Hello,

Great News.

Apparently code blocks run on mac.

Can you test codeblocks projetcs from windows sdk with your sdk (tests directory of windows sdk)?

Anyway now raydium is multi plateform !

Have a nice day
Ouille

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Sep 03, 2008 7:52 pm 

Thank you for the praise.

ouille wrote:
Can you test codeblocks projetcs from windows sdk with your sdk?

I'm up for it! I've downloaded Code::Blocks binary release version 8.02 patch 2, which automatically detected the build system. I've opened up the workspace successfully, but how should it be otherwise - the rest of the settings in the project files is to platform specific to work out of the box under Mac OS X. Sadly the project files from the Windows SDK are useless for the Mac OS X SDK.

If this is a must-to-have feature, I agree to create and maintain a set of Code::Blocks files by popular request, which includes the workspace and project files, too.
Code::Blocks is a very nice IDE, but furthermore my favorite IDE under Mac OS X is Xcode. :D

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Sep 04, 2008 6:51 am 

Hello,

Quote:
but how should it be otherwise - the rest of the settings in the project files is to platform specific to work out of the box under Mac OS

Obviously i forget this. :oops:

1) We can add build target specific to macos to the code blocks project.
But We will have to big project that can handle windows and mac building ? Not sure it's the right way.

2) Create macos specific projects easiest to handle and maintain.

I think the second solution is the good one.

Any other advise ?

Have a nice day
Ouille.

Post subject: Re: Raydium goes Mac
PostPosted: Wed Sep 17, 2008 4:22 pm 

ouille wrote:
2) Create macos specific projects easiest to handle and maintain.

I'll attend this for the next SDK release. But I'll only include the workspace and the project files, not the hole IDE package. :)

st wrote:
Currently the track before last called "Canyon 1" is something like a nightmare for me.

I got it! :mrgreen: The SideWinder Freestyle Pro is not optimal for this game, but it makes more fun than with only the keyboard. For all who want to drive, I've created a universal binary based ManiaDrive disk image including the files from the data package and the track editor Mania2.

ManiaDrive Subversion revision 753: Raydium-R753-MacOSX-ManiaDrive-Universal.dmg (51MB)

Attention: To compile Raydium with joystick support, you have to add the IOKit and ForceFeedback frameworks to the Xcode project and also to the iCompile script. This'll be fixed in the next SDK release.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 17, 2008 9:20 pm 

It's a very good job (again) st.

Just a point about joy* support for Raydium: we will need to check if all axes are the sames on all targets. I may me wrong, but I think I remember we had (have ?) some inconsistencies between win32 and Linux on Z axis.

This point is not very important currently, but I'll add one day (in a not so far future, probably) a full "controllers setup" GUI to Raydium (ManiaDrive 2 requires it, for instance), and then we'll need to check if configuration files generated by this GUI are portable across all platforms (sames axes and buttons for a same controller, axis not reversed, same axis limits, ...)

It's just a note :)

quick edit:
st, fell free to upload your files to ftp://cqfd-corp.org (http access: http://ftp.cqfd-corp.org/?M=D) since RapidShare is soooo sloooow (when you don't pay, of course).

Do you want me to add your ManiaDrive image to the Raydium website download page ? It's probably a bit too soon to put it on ManiaDrive's sourceforge account, but I may be interesting to put it here with some sort of "beta" caution message.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 18, 2008 2:56 pm 

Xfennec wrote:
... we will need to check if all axes are the sames on all targets ...

Nice to hear about a "controllers setup" GUI. Then we can verify the functionality for the joystick stuff on all platforms easily. I'll prepare an environment with Linux and Windows to diagnose the uniformity with my device.

Xfennec wrote:
... ManiaDrive image to the Raydium website download page ...

Yeah, this would be great! You could add a warning/security message that it is kind of a testing, beta, unstable, whatever package and that the people are pleased to and should report/give feedback to us. You are also pleased to replace the current SDK with the new version. Here is the content of the now new included read me file:
Code:
###########################################
# Raydium 3D Game Engine SDK for Mac OS X #
###########################################
--- Release Notes ---

Requirements:
- Xcode 2.4 or higher.

Includes:
- Latest Raydium Subversion revision R759.
- Universal binary dependencies for all kinds of i386 and PPC architecture subtypes.
- Xcode 2.4 compatible project files.
- Code::Blocks IDE 8.0 compatible workspace and project files.
- iCompile script to easily build and test applications using a terminal.
- Application template including the Leopard ready IconsFileStore Raydium logo.

Instructions:
1. Drag & drop the Raydium folder wherever you like to install the SDK (e. g. /Library/Raydium or ~/Library/Raydium).
2. Start up Xcode and load the Raydium.xcodeproj or start up Code::Blocks IDE and load the Raydium.workspace or open a terminal and use the iCompile script to build the samples.

--- History ChangeLog ---

R759:
- Added IOKit and ForceFeedback frameworks to the Xcode project files and the iCompile script to build Raydium with joystick support.
- Added a first version of the Code::Blocks IDE workspace and project files.
- Added a read me file which includes information about the release, short installation instructions and the history change log of the SDK.
- Improved iCompile script to give the possibility to directly start up applications from the contribution folder within the base directory.
- Updated to the latest Raydium Subversion revision R759.

R709:
- Initial SDK release.

Raydium - CQFD Corp.
http://raydium.org/
Released under both BSD license and Lesser GPL library license.
See "license.txt" file.

Raydium SDK for Mac OS X: Raydium-R759-MacOSX-SDK.dmg (16MB) (CQFD Corp. Mirror)

PostPosted: Thu Sep 18, 2008 7:09 pm 

SDK is updated.

Is there any special thing to say about the ManiaDrive OSX disk image ? What universal means ? Will it work on intel & ppc ? ... The idea is to post a short news about this new release, and since I've no idea about how it works with OSX, I don't want to miss something :)

PostPosted: Thu Sep 18, 2008 10:11 pm 

Xfennec wrote:
SDK is updated.

Thanks.

Xfennec wrote:
Will it work on intel & ppc ?

Exactly! The binaries contain support for multiple architectures. The executables should be runnable on any Intel Mac and on any PowerPC Mac from G3 to G5. So we're able ship this applications pacified and we can be sure that they should run on nearly every Mac available. Here is the detailed output from lipo, the command that creates and operates on "universal'' (multi-architecture) files.
Code:
Fat header in: ManiaDrive
fat_magic 0xcafebabe
nfat_arch 2
architecture i386
    cputype CPU_TYPE_I386
    cpusubtype CPU_SUBTYPE_I386_ALL
    offset 4096
    size 6024380
    align 2^12 (4096)
architecture ppc
    cputype CPU_TYPE_POWERPC
    cpusubtype CPU_SUBTYPE_POWERPC_ALL
    offset 6029312
    size 5902916
    align 2^12 (4096)

You may add this kind of images to the download link, because Mac users probably know and recognize both of them immediately. This images are typically shown when you are about to download an universal based program.

Image Image

You can find more information about the universal stuff here. I've also tested the universal binary with Rosetta. This means I've executed the universal binary on an Intel Mac in PPC emulation mode. You can find more information about Rosetta here. Look and see! You have the possibility to use PearPC. Someone said that you can even find ready to use packages on the web, which includes PearPC and Mac OS X. ;)

Xfennec wrote:
Is there any special thing to say about the ManiaDrive OSX disk image ?

Hmmm, aham, ok I've to say that I was able to drive all tracks successfully with and without my joystick device, but the last track is still a no go. :lol: Perhaps one thing to say about it. On my PowerPC G3 PowerMac which has an up to date Tiger 10.4.11 installed, I wasn't really able to test this game, because of the old hardware it's not possible to play it fluently. But this doesn't mean that it was not possible to start it. The game runs even in fullscreen mode, but the frame rate is to low and this makes no fun. :|

Important: After mounting the disk image, the user has to copy the applications locally, because the disk image is compressed and limited in size. So we should give a note about this. Perhaps something like this:

PLEASE NOTE: COPY THE APPLICATION TO YOUR APPLICATIONS FOLDER OR DESKTOP BEFORE RUNNING. RUNNING DIRECTLY FROM THE DISK IMAGE WILL CAUSE ERRONEOUS BEHAVIOR.

Most likely an installation instruction is somewhat overstated, but better more than less information.

Instructions:
1. Download the ManiaDrive disk image for Mac OS X.
2. When the auto-mount option was disabled, double-click the disk image to mount it.
3. Drag & drop the ManiaDrive and Mania2 items wherever you like to install the applications (e. g. /Applications or ~/Desktop).

PostPosted: Mon Sep 22, 2008 1:00 am 

I've updated the ManiaDrive disk image. This includes the changes from Raydium revision 753 to 768.

Relevant topics:
- Improved screen handling, window is now resizable by default.
- User can choose the joystick device via the CLI option --joydev.
- Added console key support.
- Added german language translation.

ManiaDrive Subversion revision 768: Raydium-R768-MacOSX-ManiaDrive-Universal.dmg (51MB) (CQFD Corp. Mirror)

PostPosted: Wed Sep 24, 2008 10:20 am 

Argh, You're too quick for me ! That's probably what we call German Efficiency ;)

I'll try to post a quick news about ManiaDrive OSX and a download space for the image as soon as possible. Sorry for the delay !

PostPosted: Thu Jan 15, 2009 4:11 pm 

Update time! :mrgreen:

The Mac OS X SDK and the ManiaDrive disk images have been updated.

SDK relevant topics:
  • Added QTKit and QuickTime frameworks to all IDE relevant files and the iCompile script to prepare Raydium for the live API support.
  • Added universal binary based Cal3D library to the dependencies and all relevant files to prepare Raydium for vicente's upcoming commitment.
  • Added alias (symbolic link) to the original library path for easier installation progress.
  • Added check at the main entry point of the configure script to avoid further confusions.
  • Updated read me file.
Raydium SDK for Mac OS X: Raydium-R824-MacOSX-SDK.dmg (18MB)

ManiaDrive relevant topics:
  • Updated TGA files.
  • Window creation at the center of the screen.
  • Fixed typo in the german language translation.
  • Added missing data files for Mania2.
ManiaDrive Subversion revision 824: Raydium-R824-MacOSX-ManiaDrive-Universal.dmg (57MB)

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 58 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next