Raydium 3D Game Engine

Official forum for everything about Raydium, ManiaDrive, MeMak, ...
It is currently Tue Mar 19, 2024 2:47 am

All times are UTC

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 58 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
 Post subject: Re: Raydium goes Mac
PostPosted: Mon Jan 19, 2009 12:02 am 

Sweeeet :)

I Think I'll give you* access to a few things like the "News forum" and FTP account for the "download" section of Raydium website, so you'll we able to have more "audience visibility" for such things, without having to wait for me :)

*you = st, vicente and ouille, of course.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 17, 2009 11:53 am 

That's very good of you and I find it's a very sensible suggestion. I really appreciate that. Thank you very much for the confidence. :D

PostPosted: Tue Feb 17, 2009 10:08 pm 

Done. See PMs !

PostPosted: Mon Mar 02, 2009 10:56 pm 

I've updated the SDK and ManiaDrive disk images again.

That is mainly, because you have now the possibility to merge the Raydium SDK for Mac OS X with the Raydium SDK for the iPhone OS and the other way round, but you don't have to, each SDK will also work on its own. The ManiaDrive disk image got some new binaries and updated language files.

I've re-read your private message, but I don't know how to get the files to the data download section of the main page. I've uploaded the files to the anonymous upload directory, if you find some time, please move them to the data download section.
I think we could remove the old ones (Raydium-R759-MacOSX-SDK.dmg and Raydium-R753-MacOSX-ManiaDrive-Universal.dmg) and link the new SDK relevant files (Raydium-R831-MacOSX-SDK.dmg and Raydium-R831-iPhoneOS-SDK.dmg) with the lovely "Engine Quick Downloads".
Regarding the new Raydium SDK for the iPhone OS, there should be an extra box with the existing Apple image right apart from the Mac OS X SDK download, with "iPhone OS" as the title and "Latest SDK for the iPhone OS." as the description.
Not really sure about the Raydium-R831-MacOSX-ManiaDrive-Universal.dmg file, we could also put this file to the data download section or leave it in the upload directory of the FTP server or perhaps upload/link it to the ManiaDrive page.

Please don't get me wrong, I would really like to do this myself. :mrgreen:

PostPosted: Tue Mar 03, 2009 9:22 am 

PM again, about FTP access.

Regarding the new box on the download page, we can perhaps shows a slightly different picture with the iPhone ? Is there any "official" icon ?

PostPosted: Tue Mar 03, 2009 5:11 pm 

Thanks for your quick answer to this helpful cooperation.

First I've searched the Apple website, there are images on mass, but they're all mixed up with other things that are not related to the Raydium SDK and won't fit to the download section.

I've found some images on my hard drive called MacOSX.icns, iPhoneOS.icns and Simulator.icns:
ImageImageImage
So that seem to be the official ones, but when I hear Mac OS X, I think of the big X and not of the Finder icon:

I also found some funny looking iPhone 3G icons on the web:
ImageImageImage

Here's an image I made called iRaydium, but it's not that useful at all:

I think the best would be to use the icons I've found on my hard drive. If we use an iPhone 3G icon, we'll limit the SDK to that device, because it's not 3G only, it's for all devices that run the iPhone OS. If we only want to use the Apple logo we must use it for both SDKs.

Perhaps we could mix our own images, what do you think, which is the best visualization?

EDIT:
Two quickly done examples how this could look like quite okay for my flavor:

PostPosted: Tue Mar 03, 2009 9:32 pm 

Hello,

Why does windows is the last, my sdk is not good enough ? :?

It's ok for me :D

have a nice day
Ouille.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 16, 2009 9:52 pm 

ouille: You're right, this was not the proper order ! Now sorted by "creation date" of the port ;)

I've updated the dowload page layout a bit, but I had to reduce boxes width to keep all this on the same line. I'm not 100% satisfied by the result, but it's a good compromise. I've also tweaked a bit the code behind the page, so you can choose the suitable file for each OS box using the data.php file. In other words, when updating a SDK, you must:

- upload the new file to the FTP
- wait the file to appears at http://freeway.raydium.org/data/
- edit the data.php file of the FTP directory and update the file name

Let me know if anything is not clear, I would understand it ;)

PostPosted: Tue Jul 07, 2009 9:04 am 

Thanks for the instructions, the download page looks great!

This is my one hundreds post on my first thread on the forum after exactly one year.
Surely I know Raydium much longer, had tried and compared it with other engines several times.
Now, after working on and using it for projects I always want to realize, I can say that Raydium is my favorite open source game engine.
It is very simple to use and has everything you need under the hood. I want to thank the initiators to create Raydium and everyone contributed on this project. I've learned much from this.

I think I'll post a positive review on DevMaster about my conclusions. :)

PostPosted: Wed Jul 08, 2009 8:36 am 

Well ... it's nice to read such things !
Let's continue having fun with this engine ! :)

PostPosted: Tue Oct 13, 2009 5:44 pm 

Hey st,

Thanks for your great work, however I can't seem to get Drive Mania working on my computer. I own an iBook G4 (1.33 Ghz) and I'm running Tiger OS 10.4.11.

What I've done:
* I've downloaded http://freeway.raydium.org/data/Raydium ... versal.dmg.
* Moved the content to my Applications folder.

But when I double click any of the two icons to start them, nothing happens. No screen, no icon in the dock, nothing :/. As this iBook is the only computer I own at home for now I'd really like to play this game.

Hope you're able to help me out. Please let me know how I can acquire more data which might help you.
Thank you very much!
Bram

PostPosted: Tue Oct 13, 2009 9:23 pm 

Hi Bram,

thanks for trying ManiaDrive for Mac OS X.

Seems you own an Apple iBook G4 using a PowerPC processor, because it's the latest Apple series using this architecture. I've also the possibility to work on an older PowerPC G3 PowerMac with an up to date Tiger 10.4.11 and Xcode 2.5 installed, but my main machine is Intel based, because the PowerMac hasn't a good 3D card to play games at all.

I remember having some trouble with the broken OpenAL library support from Apple at the beginning of the port on the PPC architecture, so I guess this could be the problem. I think the OpenAL problem disappeared when upgrading to the latest Xcode version available, but I really don't know why exactly, because the latest OpenAL libraries should be installed via Software Update.app by default (without installing Xcode).
Sadly I've only one PPC machine running Mac OS X, so I didn't have any testing results from other machines on this architecture, since now. :D

To get more information about the problem you could check the console output using Console.app. You've also the possiblity to launch a Terminal.app (⌘+Space to Spotlight for the Apps) and start the binary manually using /Applications/ManiaDrive.app/Contents/MacOS/ManiaDrive.

Perhaps it's useful to post your full hardware profile using System Profiler.app and to install or upgrade Xcode to compile the latest version of MD yourself to see if this solves the OpenAL issue in general, because I'm currently thinking that my Tiger is mixed up with different versions of OpenAL.

Apart from OpenAL it could be another problem of course, but it's the only thing I can think of at the moment.

Best regards,
st

Last edited by st on Wed Feb 15, 2012 6:38 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 15, 2009 10:14 pm 

Hey st,

Thanks for your help. I tried to run ManiaDrive from the terminal and I get the following message:
bram-ridders-ibook-g4:/Applications/ManiaDrive.app/Contents/MacOS bram$ ./ManiaDrive
dyld: Library not loaded: /usr/lib/libiconv.2.dylib
Referenced from: /Applications/ManiaDrive.app/Contents/MacOS/./ManiaDrive
Reason: Incompatible library version: ManiaDrive requires version 7.0.0 or later, but libiconv.2.dylib provides version 5.0.0
Trace/BPT trap

I then downloaded the latest version of libiconv from: http://www.gnu.org/software/libiconv/#downloading and replaced the existing libraries. But after that I got a bus error :/. I haven't upgraded XCode to the newest version yet but I'll try that next and let you know what happens.

Thanks!
Bram

PostPosted: Fri Oct 16, 2009 8:04 am 

I cannot remember that I've updated libiconv manually, seems my Tiger installation is totally mixed up. :roll: When I've some time, I'll set up the system with a fresh installation and will try to reproduce the problem.
Perhaps it could also be a problem with the cross compilation, because I've created the whole ManiaDrive disk image, including the universal binaries, on an Intel based system.

The bus error message boosts my guess of the OpenAL issue. I'd this error, too. After updating my OpenAL library, the issue gone away. When you've updated to the latest Xcode and the problem still exists, please try to completely disable sound and music within the engine, commenting out the relevant parts in the source code and don't link against the OpenAL, Vorbis and Ogg libraries, so we can see if the bus error is really related to this section or another section on your system.

PostPosted: Fri Nov 06, 2009 2:08 pm 

Morloth wrote:
... I'll try that next and let you know what happens.
Hi Bram,

I'd really like to get this working!
Any news regarding your iBook G4?

Best regards,
st

Last edited by st on Wed Feb 15, 2012 6:37 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 58 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next