Raydium 3D Game Engine

Official forum for everything about Raydium, ManiaDrive, MeMak, ...
It is currently Tue Apr 16, 2024 5:25 am

All times are UTC

Post subject: me, myself and I
PostPosted: Fri Aug 15, 2008 11:15 pm 

Hi guys,

As you've probably noticed, I was quiet away from the project since a few days. Or months, can't remember :)

This is partly because of a lack of time on my side, and partly because phpbb is definitely not a good tool for developers. The main trouble with this forum is the "unread" orange tag. It's very useful (as in any mail reader, for instance) but you've no control on it: you can't put back the unread tag on a thread you've just read, for example. I use this "trick" very often on my mail reader (claws-mail ... use it, or die of shame of using anything else ;) ) when I read an interesting message without having the time to handle it currently.

Another example is this ***** behavior of phpbb when you're connected to the forum with a lot of unread threads ... while someone posts a new message: you'll lose every single unread tags !

So, I would like to switch to another tool for us (as people-who-are-writing-stuffs-into-Raydium, not people-who-are-using-Raydium-to-write-applications) that could be, like almost all others OSS projects, a mailing list. Because I'm not the only one to use this forum (in fact, these times, I'm perhaps the one that use it the less :) ), I would like to know what is your opinion about this.

Until we switch (or not) to another tool, I'll do my best to keep up with the forum, but I've probably missed important things, so, please, report me any thread/post you think I must have a look.

PS: I was absolutely staggered by the number of posts and the quality of most of these threads during the last months ... It's nice to see ! And I would like to thanks (again) vicente and ouille for their support for keeping this forum alive. Thanks guys !

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Aug 16, 2008 12:53 am 

;) your're welcome

My opinion about mailing list? I hate them :evil:
Anyway, this application could be usefull http://mail2forum.com/ Joins phpBB2 with mailing list, in both directions as long as I know.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Aug 16, 2008 10:04 am 

vicente wrote:
My opinion about mailing list? I hate them :evil:

OK, that's quiet clear ! ;)

The first thing will then to check what phpbb3 offers here.