Raydium 3D Game Engine

Official forum for everything about Raydium, ManiaDrive, MeMak, ...
It is currently Tue Mar 19, 2024 9:15 am

All times are UTC

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Nov 18, 2005 12:30 pm 

vicente : Warning, it's 2 p.m. (14h) UTC+1, CET, CEST or MET (all the same :) )

I think that the IRC chan will be almost empty, since you're the only "distant" member registrer for the party right now, so we'll do the job in english ;) I will try to be the gateway between IRC and "the place".

About the Linux meeting, it's a very exciting idea, but I duno Spanish :) Last time i went to Spain, I've tried to talk spanish in a shop, and i've reversed "hello" and "good bye" ... :) No, english is the only option, and only with a bit of training :)

PS : commit the skysphere if it's complete, that's the only condition. It's probably too late to use your work for the release 1.0 of ManiaDrive, so there's no emergency, it will be used for next MD release.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Nov 18, 2005 12:41 pm 

Well.
More things. I was playing mania drive and i noticed that there is no anisotropic filtering, right?
Maybe a detail texture in the tracks could be fine.
And what if the internal camera if positioned like in the head of the driver?, ie a little bit to the right.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Nov 18, 2005 12:54 pm 

You're right. The problem with the anisotropic filter is that it's (AFAIK) an extension (GL_EXT_texture_filter_anisotropic). I think it's more the job of the user to enable or disable this in its driver settings. For example, under Linux, with an NVidia card, you can do :
Code:
export __GL_DEFAULT_LOG_ANISO=1

... and so on ...

But that may be an idea to provide such support in Raydium's core.

And what about using a soft like TeamSpeak for this week end ? My girlfriends speaks a bit spanish, it may helpe :)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Nov 18, 2005 2:17 pm 

Welllllll..... i could use that program, but i don't like to be a problem for your girldfriend.
Maybe a simple messenger or jabber could be the easiest solution.

About mania drive:
-i have noticed that the whells are not well positioned. The front wheels ar too much at the front and the rear whells too much at the rear. They are colliding the chase of the car. Also, maybe are a little bit upper that they should.
-The texture of the car is flipped right-left . "Renault Clio" is read from right to left.
-The wheels, maybe, shoud have a bit less friction, i mean the wheels shoud slide a bit more when the car make an ¿skid?("derrape" in spanish)
-There is hand-brake in the game?
-maybe a smooth particle generator in exhaust pipe of the car according the aceleration?
-detail texture for the track?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Nov 18, 2005 4:29 pm 

It's now too late to change car geometry and drifting/slipping/skiding/whatever factor since the game is "calibrated" (tracks, jumps, records, ...). The cilo (and not only its texture) is mirrored, you're right, but it *was* intentional (another apps was using a internal camera, and the head of the driver was obstructing the view). I may correct this.

About handbrake, smoke, and detail-texture : good ideas. We'll see if we've enough time for all this :) (detail texture is a quiet big work, since every track "bloc" model must be changed).

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Nov 19, 2005 9:59 am 

well, and finally. how we will gona communicate each other?