Raydium 3D Game Engine

Official forum for everything about Raydium, ManiaDrive, MeMak, ...
It is currently Wed Mar 27, 2024 5:12 am

All times are UTC

Post subject: JEU - cucu et lala
PostPosted: Tue Jul 17, 2007 6:50 am 

Bonjour à tous,

dans le cadre du concours novendiales organisé par le Games Creators Network, j'ai réalisé un petit jeu réseau(mon premier test de réseau), le tout avec raydium. J'ai pas trop eu de retour sur le jeu, il reste pas mal de problème de physique(j'ai pas utilisé ODE).

Si quelques personnes peuvent tester et me faire quelques retour.

On controle avec la souris, le but étant de toucher le tronc 3 fois de suite avec son équipe. Pour déplacer un ecureuil ou un lapin(suivant son équipe), on drag & drop dans la direction voulu. La distance de la cible défini la force d'envoie.

Pour l'instant j'ai pas testé sous linux, mais ca doit compiler.

http://laser.game.lyon.free.fr/poulet/cucu.rar. Il y a le source 3touches.cpp qui contient tout ce qu'il faut.

En cas de compil sous linus, j'ai modifié le common.h pour mettre la taille des packet max à 20 et le nombre de client max à 1.

Merci pour les retour si vous pouvez tester.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jul 17, 2007 8:20 am 

linux version, please :)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jul 18, 2007 9:34 am 

Si tu m'explique "clairement" comment installer raydium sous ubuntu, je te compile la chose. (sinon tu peux aussi compiler en utilisant le 3touches.cpp dispo dans l'archive).

Je viens de regarder comment installer sous linux et en plus de ne pas tout comprendre, j'ai pas l'impression que ca marche des masses.

Visiblement il me manquait cvs que j'ai installer, mais j'arrive pas à connecter pour l'install d'ode. Ensuite il y a moult lib à installer, je suppose qu'il y a un script permettant de tout chopper directement non?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jul 18, 2007 12:47 pm 

Well, i can try to explain you how install raydium on ubuntu (i'm using a fork of ubuntu). But i can not write a word in french :P
Spanish or english, you choose :)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jul 19, 2007 2:46 pm 

I prefer in english :p

Im a pure newbie in linux, so I can post some crazy question on it.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jul 19, 2007 3:18 pm 

Ok, well first of all: Install Ubuntu
Well, maybe you already have done it :)

Then you have to install the driver of your 3D card. Nvidia or ATI?

After that ( ask if block here) you have to install all the packages needed to compile raydium and to compile anything in general.
Code:
sudo apt-get install libgl1-mesa-dev libglu1-mesa-dev libopenal0a libopenal-dev  libogg0 libogg-dev libvorbis0a libvorbis-dev bison flex libcurl3-dev libglew-dev libalut-dev libjpeg62-dev cpp cpp-4.1 gcc freeglut3-dev libtool make sed subversion xorg-dev autoconf automake1.9 autotools-dev
It will ask your password.
Really i have included a few ones that maybe are not a must, but install them anyway.

Now you create a shinning folder to place raydium files.
Code:
mkdir raydium

Enter in the folder.
Code:
cd raydium

Now , download the last code from the SVN repository
Code:
svn checkout svn://raydium.org/raydium/trunk raydium

After a while, you have all the raydium code in that folder.

Now, is time to compile.
Code:
./configure

At this point, it will download ODE and PHP projects and it will compile them "by the face" internally. If something goes bad, you have to erase the downloaded files of ODE and PHP, they are inside subfolder "raydium", into "raydium".

Once the configure is ready we start the real compilation
Code:
make

Pray something...

Well, all finished and you can read at the end something like:
Code:
Files created: libraydium.a libraydium.so

That means that you have created you raydium libraries.

Now, to compile dynamically a file you can use
Code:
./odyncomp.sh filename.c

Or to compile it statically (this could be hard in some situations)
Code:
./ocomp.sh filename.c

The binary is, always, "test" (it overwrites each time).

Questions?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jul 19, 2007 4:41 pm 

Thanks a lot, i will test it this evening.

hope it will work.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jul 20, 2007 11:10 pm 

ok i can compile test6 under ubuntu \o/.

But i have error when i compile my cpp code. That's very strange becausee it compile without problems on windows Based raydium SDK.

Code:
poulet@poulet:~/raydium/raydium$ ./odyncomp.sh cucu.cpp
Files created: libraydium.a libraydium.so
rm: ne peut enlever `test': Aucun fichier ou répertoire de ce type
cucu.cpp: In function «short int fl2sh(GLfloat)":
cucu.cpp:60: attention : converting to «short int" from «GLfloat"
cucu.cpp: In function «void btnJoinGame(raydium_gui_Object*)":
cucu.cpp:620: erreur: invalid conversion from «void (*)(raydium_gui_Object*)" to «void*"
cucu.cpp:620: erreur:   initializing argument 6 of «int raydium_gui_button_create(char*, int, GLfloat, GLfloat, char*, void*)"
cucu.cpp: In function «void Init_Menu()":
cucu.cpp:641: erreur: invalid conversion from «void (*)(raydium_gui_Object*)" to «void*"
cucu.cpp:641: erreur:   initializing argument 6 of «int raydium_gui_button_create(char*, int, GLfloat, GLfloat, char*, void*)"
cucu.cpp:643: erreur: invalid conversion from «void (*)(raydium_gui_Object*)" to «void*"
cucu.cpp:643: erreur:   initializing argument 6 of «int raydium_gui_button_create(char*, int, GLfloat, GLfloat, char*, void*)"
cucu.cpp:644: erreur: invalid conversion from «void (*)(raydium_gui_Object*)" to «void*"
cucu.cpp:644: erreur:   initializing argument 6 of «int raydium_gui_button_create(char*, int, GLfloat, GLfloat, char*, void*)"
cucu.cpp: In function «int main(int, char**)":
cucu.cpp:1086: erreur: invalid conversion from «void (*)()" to «void*"
cucu.cpp:1086: erreur:   initializing argument 1 of «void raydium_callback(void*)"

I changed gcc in g++ in odyncomp.sh.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jul 21, 2007 1:18 pm 

i'm a nerd with cpp, so maybe i can not help you here. Maybe Xfennec or someone can continue from this point.
However, if you success with this, please post here the way to make the compilation.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jul 27, 2007 12:12 pm 

Meanwhile Xfennec returns, Can you post a few screenshots of the game? Maybe a video in youtube?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Aug 07, 2007 10:28 pm 

Hi KiCK ! Nice to see you here.

Your g++ is quiet pedantic ;) Cast your functions to void * and that's it. For example:
Code:
raydium_gui_button_create("btnErrorOk",handle,35,15,"OK",(void*)btnErrorOkClick);

It should do the trick. About the game, the first feeling is great, and cucu & lala are quiet cute. But then, it's quiet confuse, it's hard to know what to do: what player am I ? When did I win ? And the target is not always visible, for example. Nothing wrong, since It's probably quiet easy to correct all this, I think. It could be also a good idea to make the game a bit more ... nervous ? Waiting the timeout each time breaks the thing, IMHO. And you probably know it, but your font is broken ;)

Again (thinking about your last game, simply great !), you've here a simple, good and fun concept !

A couple of screenshot :

A last question: Is there a particular reason for writing your own physics ? RayODE is too complex ? not working in your case ? bad doc ?