Raydium 3D Game Engine

Official forum for everything about Raydium, ManiaDrive, MeMak, ...
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 4:24 pm

All times are UTC

PostPosted: Tue Feb 17, 2009 11:16 am 

I live in turkey and want to give turkish support on my site if you wish.also we will have a team to make a mmopr game so we want to learn your ideas and clues.
we want to make mmoprg game but i know only c languges very well so i decided this engine however there are a lot of question i wonder
1.do we crate gui in game this engine
2.how do make client-server
3.how do we crate map and skills for this engine
also i have known c for4 years but i havent found any information this problems on your site
Best regards.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 17, 2009 9:06 pm 

Hi,

1. Yep, Raydium is able to display GUI
2. You can use client-server model with Raydium, using, respectively, a client and a server. See our provided samples and the API reference to learn more about this topic.
3 . It depends on what you means by "map" and "skill".

More seriously, I may be a bit rude, but building a MMORPG is a huge task, and your questions sounds like if you're not very aware of this. Perhaps should you try to create a smaller game before anything else ?

PostPosted: Wed Feb 18, 2009 12:51 am 

I know everything but i dont have a lot information about other programing languages but i know excatly c so i decided this engine but i didnt find information about gui apis i can add in game so i wanted to help you also can i publish your engine on my site and give turkish support for turkish people.If you wish you can contact on pm please also your answer made happy me i understood your suggestions.
Thanks a lot from Turkey :)

PostPosted: Wed Feb 18, 2009 12:58 am 

sorry admin i found gui apis but i still wonder why a lot of apis are for a rice game? best regards.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 18, 2009 5:08 pm 

Sorry, I'm not sure to understand your question ... rice game ?

PostPosted: Wed Feb 18, 2009 9:29 pm 

i meant this engine looks like more useful for car rice games am I right? because there are a lot of api like create car();

PostPosted: Thu Feb 19, 2009 10:18 am 

Ah ! "race" ! :)

No, Raydium is not specially designed for creating racing games, even if our main application is a car game.

create_car() is not part of the Raydium API at all ... It's a function we've created/duplicated in some applications where cars are present.

You seems to be quiet confused by all this. Raydium is a game engine, and test6, mania_drive, and others are samples, test applications and games we provide to help people understanding the engine.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 19, 2009 11:16 am 

yes race i have just seen 'rice' the reason why i wrote rice is the character problem from Turkish to English keyboard never mind also i am pleased to give answer my questions by the way we started to make mmorpg so i can ask some question in future and i ll publısh on my turkish site thanks again for answers.