Raydium 3D Game Engine

Official forum for everything about Raydium, ManiaDrive, MeMak, ...
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 10:24 am

All times are UTC

PostPosted: Tue Jul 31, 2007 12:18 pm 

Bonjour,

Tout d'abord bravo à vous pour ce formidable jeu.

Je souhaite "modifier" légèrement ManiaDrive afin que celui-ci devienne une application portable dans le sens où on peut la mettre sur clé USB pour l'avoir toujours sur soi.

Aucun problème en soi, vu que ManiaDrive ne nécessite pas d'installation, la seule modification est de modifier le répertoire utilisateur (où sont sauvegardés les options et l'avancement) pour que ManiaDrive écrive ses informations dans le même répertoire afin d'avoir les options toujours sur la clé USB.

Je réalise cela dans le cadre des applications portables de Framakey, et en cherchant un logo à ManiaDrive, je n'ai rien trouvé. Donc la question est: avez-vous un logo officiel ou non que je pourrais utiliser pour l'icône du lanceur [1] et sur le site de Framakey?

Au passage, chose totalement différente: je n'ai rien vu permettant de faire un don à la communauté de ManiaDrive, il y a moyen de faire ça?

Cordialement,
Léviathan

[1] le lanceur est un script NSIS sous GNU/GPL qui modifie les variables d'environnement HOMEDRIVE et HOMEPATH et lance ManiaDrive afin d'avoir le dossier .mania_drive dans le même répertoire que l'application pour qu'elle devienne portable

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Aug 01, 2007 10:06 am 

Could you post an english version of the text? Looks interesting but i don't understand french good enough.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Aug 01, 2007 12:30 pm 

Hi,

thanks a lot for your good game.

I would like to "modify" Maniadrive so that it becomes a "portable application": portable is the possibility to put the game in a USB key.

It's not a problem because ManiaDrive doesn't require installation, the only modification is to modify the user directory (home directory) , the directory where ManiaDrive save the options for example. This directory must be in the same directory of the game for have, always, the options in the USB key.

I work with the Framakey website and when I searched a logo for ManiaDrive, I found nothing. So: Have you an official logo what I can use for the launcher's [1] icon and in the website Framakey

And complety different thing: I didn't find how to make a gift at the community of ManiaDrive. Is it possible to do that?

Best regards,
Léviathan

[1] the launcher is a NSIS's script under GNU/GPL which modify the environnement variables HOMEDRIVE and HOMEPATH and launch ManiaDrive, for have the directory .mania_drive in the same directory of application

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Aug 01, 2007 2:31 pm 

Ok, good to know you like ManiaDrive. :)

Xfennec, as father of this project, should respond all this, however he is quite busy right now, so i go to make a try.

I see no problem with that modification, even better if you can do it by yourself. However, have you though about file size problems? I mean that Maniadrive can download data from internet and it could fill the USB if it's an small one.

About the logo, as I know we have no official logo. However i have found this one over internet (is a mod of a texture of the game): http://linuxdansmonpc.is-a-geek.com/jeu ... adrive.png
With a rescale and a few filters it should be able like a logo. But still we must to do a real Maniadrive logo. (task added to our TODO list)

The gift ... i think you could send a private message to Xfennec to talk about that. Surely he won't have a problem accepting such a thing :)
If you are asking for a paypal account directly linked to raydium project, we have no one.

And tell us when ManiaD. be part of Framakey next release!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Aug 01, 2007 7:01 pm 

vicente wrote:
I see no problem with that modification, even better if you can do it by yourself.

Yes, I already created the script. With the logo, I will be able to finish my work.

vicente wrote:
However, have you though about file size problems? I mean that Maniadrive can download data from internet and it could fill the USB if it's an small one.

I didn't think about this problem. But I tested to play some internet tracks, and it's not excessive. I'll put caution before the download.

vicente wrote:
http://linuxdansmonpc.is-a-geek.com/jeux/maniadrive/maniadrive.png
With a rescale and a few filters it should be able like a logo.

Thanks a lot.

vicente wrote:
The gift ... i think you could send a private message to Xfennec to talk about that. Surely he won't have a problem accepting such a thing :)
If you are asking for a paypal account directly linked to raydium project, we have no one.

I'm asking for a paypal account, but if you have no one, I'll send PM to Xfennec

vicente wrote:
And tell us when ManiaD. be part of Framakey next release!

very soon ;-)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Aug 04, 2007 8:22 am 

Hi,

I have finished my work. You can find the game here

It's only for Windows :? , you must unzip the zip and launch PortableManiadrive.exe
The source code of the launcher is in the PortableManiaDriveCode directory (PortableManiaDrive.nsi)

It's not in the Framakey website, because the principal maintenor is on holiday,

Thanks for your game.
Leviathan

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Aug 04, 2007 10:13 am 

I go to try it ASAP.

Thanks to you.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Aug 06, 2007 7:54 am 

Now, the game is presented on the Framakey Website : http://www.framakey.org/Portables/PortableManiaDrive

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Aug 07, 2007 9:32 pm 

Thanks, and nice work leviathan !

I've nothing to add to vicente's answers, apart about the gift. I would be very complex (and probably totally unfair) to accept something for this project.
in facts, for me, your message is a gift by itself ;) A more than that, your work to add MD to the Framakey project is a great contribution to MD. So, big thanks to you ;)

PostPosted: Fri Jun 12, 2009 3:01 am 

Aucun problème en soi, vu que ManiaDrive ne nécessite pas d'installation
sonnerie portable gratuite