Raydium 3D Game Engine

Official forum for everything about Raydium, ManiaDrive, MeMak, ...
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 4:16 pm

All times are UTC

PostPosted: Thu Aug 27, 2009 9:57 pm 

Hello,
I wanted to use the raydium_win32_ide_sdk_849 but there are errors that make it unusable.

I - SVN Update

The raydium svn directory is corrupted, when you want to do a svn update (using ToirtoiseSVN), you got this :
Code:
Command: Update 
Error: Your .svn/tmp directory may be missing or corrupt; run 'svn cleanup' and try again 
Error: Can't open file   
Error: 'H:\raydium_win32_ide_sdk_849\raydium\.svn\tmp\text-base\simple.c.svn-base': Le   
Error: chemin d'accès spécifié est introuvable. 
Finished!:   

You have to do a svn cleanup and a svn update again to have the svn working.

II - Php include

When you start Code::Blocks and try to build any of the two projects (raydium_appli or raydium_dll), there are a lots of errors.
This is because in the projects build options, the compiler (in search directories tab) try to include 'php-5.1.2' directory.
But, in the SDK, this directory is called "php". You have to edit the include settings to have php lib working in your project.

III - Build errors

When you try to rebuild the project from the IDE, you got this :
Code:
..\include\php\TSRM\tsrm_virtual_cwd.h|58|error: redefinition of typedef 'mode_t'|
H:\Raydium\CodeBlocks\MinGW\include\sys\types.h|85|error: previous declaration of 'mode_t' was here|
||=== Build finished: 2 errors, 0 warnings ===|

To have the compilation working, you have to comment the line 58 of the tsrm_virtual_cwd.h file.

I hope it will help.

Regards,
Flex

PostPosted: Thu Aug 27, 2009 10:00 pm 

And I add a few things, too (I wasn't aware that the new SDK was ready, I was still using the old release :)
- why a SDK without IDE and compiler ? harder to maintain, no ?
- why is it the default on the download page ? (newcomers can't do anything with this release !)
(and you added a new win32-ide line in data.php on the server but didn't inform me ! So there's no download box for the IDE release)

And, since we talk about this, may I ask a few things ? :)
- Delete old release when you upload a new one ? (it makes things simple for people who wants to download)
- Is it possible to add a "pause" when compilation fails in compile_raydium_dll.bat (and perhaps in compile.bat)
- Is it possible to split the README in two file (French and English) ?
- Compile.bat: exemple -> example
- Can you remove "freemove.c" in raydium directory ? It's not versioned (was removed from the SVN at rev 674)

FYI, mk_jpgs does not currently compile under win32, since the alphasort() function is not provided by MinGW GLIBC replacement. I'll work on this soon.

PS: I've updated the link back to the working old release on download page.

PostPosted: Sat Aug 29, 2009 1:05 pm 

Another new trouble. Was here since package support addition, but revealed by rev 890: PHP in overriding "struct dirent", "opendir", "readdir" and others. But something is going wrong, and we end up with a "struct dirent" from PHP and a "readdir" implementation from MinGW ... and struct sizes are different ! So MinGW's readdir writes in a structure with size different than expected ...

"Disabling" include/php/TSRM/readdir.h seems to fix the issue (done with a dummy #ifdef).
Another thing to do when updating PHP ... Ouille, my memory tends to leak a bit, perhaps should we store all informations about rebuilding PHP somewhere ? Wiki or a text file in the SDK itself. There's a lot of information on our last post on this subject: viewtopic.php?f=7&t=1944

Note: Linux PHP seems to use regular Unix dirent. I bet it's the same with OSX, but a check is interesting (just rebuilding the engine with the svn HEAD)

ouille: it's a lot of work for your return ;) Ask help if needed !

PostPosted: Sat Aug 29, 2009 2:27 pm 

Xfennec wrote:
I bet it's the same with OSX, but a check is interesting (just rebuilding the engine with the svn HEAD)
Just updated to the current revision, everything works usual as before.

PostPosted: Sat Aug 29, 2009 2:45 pm 

Cool, thanks. windows really lacks a proper POSIX layer ;)

PostPosted: Mon Aug 31, 2009 10:10 pm 

Hello,

I have to shorten my 8th hollidays week because all of this :D

So from the beginning ...

It seem that i upload not a fully tested win32 sdk with new php version 5.2.9

1) Here i have no problem with svn update. anyway cleaning up before packaging.

2) I haven't save project modification of php directory. Done in the new projets files.

3) compilation errors where introduced by new modification of raydium lib corrected.

4) CodeBlock is really easy to install (download -> run -> finish) that why a always use two sdk to avoid big file size. I'll try to put a poll on this subject. For instance i'll keep only one sdk with ide.

5) I correct the download page quickly (poor internet connection). You're right for data.php i totally forgot to pm to you. Sorry.

6) For very compicated raison i use netdrive to access ftp, i never manage to erase a file. I'll test again and try to clean up a bit.
But for me there where enough space to keep older version (regression is some time cool) and as upload are mirrored don't sure about delete behaviour.

7) Pause done

8) Two readme done

9) example done oups.

10) mk_kpgs effectivly there is a problem with scandir. I don't find a solution except re write this function Have a idea ?

11) corrected readdir.h

12) writen a post modification of php upgrade (file php.txt) usefull for further php modification.

Updating new sdk can some of you test it for big mistakes.

You'll find it here when upload finished Win32 Sdk 890

Have a nice day.
Ouille

PostPosted: Tue Sep 01, 2009 8:26 am 

Great ! That's what I call teamwork ;) I'll test the new release ASAP, and Flex will probably do the same.

About old file deletion, you can send me a mail/pm each update, I can easily delete it directly on the server, no problem.

About the "with or without IDE packages" poll, I'll vote for a "a least with MinGW" option ;) My only concern on this subject, in facts, is that the default package on our download page should be the IDE one.

It seems that there's a few win32 implementations of scandir() (GnuWin32 for instance), I'll look at this. I can also try to rewrite mk_jpgs a bit differently, using usual opendir/readdir and doing the alphasort afterward. I'll look at this, I don't think this is a critical application.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 01, 2009 10:06 am 

Hello,

Ok thanks.

You can delete older sdk except last one perhaps (in case of regression pb).

Ok i'll maintain only one sdk with codeblocks/mingwin. It will increase download size but it's only 40Mb.

About scandir old version of mk_jpgs compile fine, i didn't dig in modification. Rewrite of this part is perhaps the solution.

Uploading files with filezilla i always have an error:
Quote:
reponse : 226 Transfer complete.
Commande : PASV
Réponse : 227 Entering Passive Mode (88,165,22,96,143,42).
Commande : APPE raydium_win32_ide_sdk_890(1).rar
Réponse : 550 raydium_win32_ide_sdk_890(1).rar: Permission denied
Erreur : Erreur critique
Statut : Déconnecté du serveur

Have a nice day.
Ouille.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 01, 2009 7:17 pm 

It seems that, for somes reason, you FTP client is trying to use the APPE (append) command instead of the usual "STOR" (store) one, and it seems that the FTP server refuse this command.

I've just tried with Filezilla 3.0.11 (probably old) and it works just fine (STOR). Maybe a configuration option somewhere ? Or an already existing incomplete file with the same name ?

quick edit: the new SDK works perfect for me ! ;)
quick edit 2: exception: the svn update still require a svn cleanup before. Strange ... perhaps an issue with the (very last) TortoireSVN release Flex and I use ? Not a big deal, but strange anyway ...
quick edit 3: Sorry, forgot to talk about that in this topic: php.ini should be updated bin/, and the new php_zip.dll should be added to this directory too. See viewtopic.php?f=7&t=2002 where I talk a bit about that. Sorry, again.
quick edit 4: No. Just kidding :)

PostPosted: Tue Sep 01, 2009 11:07 pm 

Xfennec wrote:
About the "with or without IDE packages" poll, I'll vote for a "a least with MinGW" option ;)
For me personally, and I use the Raydium SDK for Windows only to quickly build my projects, not to write my code with it, would perfectly fit a version that only includes the build environment with some helper scripts to work with the console. IMHO the IDE installation should be an optional task apart the Raydium SDK.

Perhaps this could be of interest, a small snippet from IRC just some minutes ago:
Brendon on IRC wrote:
brendon joined the chat room.
I'm having trouble finding the correct Raydium SDK download. I already have a copy of Code::Blocks installed, and would like learn to use Raydium. It looks promising, and seems to skip the hassle resulting from having to find EVERYTHING and make it play nice with Ogre. However, I cannot find a copy of the Raydium SDK which does not require me to install an entirely new copy of Code::Blocks.
Hello?
brendon left the chat room.
Sadly I saw his message to late to help him, he was already disconnected from the server.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 02, 2009 8:08 am 

Hello,

Some infos.

Ide means compiler + Ide and Ide is not the biggest part (1/3) of both.

If codeblocks is system installed it is not a problem, just remove codeblock directory from sdk to gain space.

I think that included ide/compiler is the simpliest way for a new comer. Other will quickly understand how to use their one ide.

I think that included ide is not a blocking part in the learning curve of raydium (irc snipset).

Have a nice day
Ouille

PostPosted: Wed Sep 02, 2009 7:20 pm 

I totally agree with you. :)

Today I've successfully tested Raydium's pseudo HDR on a Notebook running Windows Vista 32-bit. A new user was created for this. A good chance to test the new Raydium SDK for Windows.

Here some things I've noticed during the test phase:
1. It's not able to build mk_jpgs.c, you probably know about this already.
2. Executing the simple.c example outputs only error messages in an endless loop.
Raydium wrote:
Raydium: ERROR loading configuration file.
Raydium: Generating default configuration file simple.conf
Raydium: atexit: no more free handlers (32 max)
Raydium: path: OK
Raydium: Generating default configuration file simple.conf

Apart from that the SDK works perfect for me, thank you very much!

PostPosted: Sun Oct 11, 2009 9:01 pm 

I've installed the latest Raydium SDK for Windows (raydium_win32_ide_sdk_896).
Updated to the current SVN head (revision 904).

The issues written in the last post sadly still exist. The issue also occurs in the configload example.

Raydium wrote:
C:\Library\Raydium\bin>configload.exe
Raydium: Raydium 3D Game Engine
Raydium: version 0.800
Raydium: command line args: OK
Raydium: chdir to './': OK
Raydium: using 'C:\Users\Bill Gates/.raydium' as home dir
Raydium: Generating default configuration file exampleconfig.conf

Any suggestion?

Thank you very much.

PostPosted: Sun Oct 11, 2009 10:08 pm 

Hello,

It's really strange. I've just updated my local copy of sdk with svn 904.

Compil_all.bat works without any problems (except mk_jpgs).

Here is my console:
Quote:
Raydium: Reading configuration file...
Raydium: Requesting 800x600:32 mode
Raydium: Found 800x600 with 32 bpp color and 24 bits zbuffer (stencil is 8)
Raydium: using GeForce 8400M GS/PCI/SSE2, from NVIDIA Corporation (version 3.0.0

After running configload is there a exampleconfig.conf in your local dir ?
Can you compare it with the attachment ?

If this file doesn't existe you put in your local dir file from message attachment ?

Perhaps a vista specific problem. But i've used raydium on several vista laptop without specific problems.

Can you test skel.c. If it fail it's not related to configuration file, in other config file is the problem.

Have a nice day
Ouille.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 12, 2009 5:53 am 

Yes, both exampleconfig.conf and simple.conf files exist in the bin directory.

You've to compare it, because there is no attachment, seems that the conf extension is forbidden as attachment. Other examples work normally. Every example work, except simple, configload and mk_jpgs.

Thanks for your help.