Raydium 3D Game Engine

Official forum for everything about Raydium, ManiaDrive, MeMak, ...
It is currently Tue Mar 19, 2024 4:28 am

All times are UTC

PostPosted: Thu Sep 03, 2009 7:00 pm 

Hello,

Great Xfennec , BUT , it's an image flag. I can read It, and thus Automaticaly générate environnement mapping flag # but it is not a per face switch.

I'm afraid we have to use the tex switch (once affected to an image it's the only way to stop env mapping for this face).

An other solution is tu use material but it seem really complex.

Have a nice day.

Ouille.

PostPosted: Fri Sep 04, 2009 11:05 am 

Well, I'm not sure to understand all this correctly (talking about my screenshot, right ?), but if it's an per image flag, then it's also a per face flag (since a face is "linked" to an image). In other words, for each face, we look at all textures mapped in the different layers and if one of them is a "special" texture (with the famous flag) and if yes, generate the xxxx.tga#ENV_xxxx.tga thing instead of the regular multitexturing syntax.

But anyway, I prefer the first option of my previous post: use a special UV-layer name (#) and let the user select his envmap texture(s) for desired faces on this layer ... Is it possible and not to hard to code ? Did I miss something ? :)

PostPosted: Fri Sep 04, 2009 1:21 pm 

Hello,

Ok done.

Export and import script updated (it is not a good idea to have several caracter to seperate texture (; and #)) !!!!!

You can select for each face the texture. If the image has realtime texture mapping set to reflective it will be a environnement mapping (#).

tex bit is also handled, as you prefer ! Use Tex bit, use an image or even both of thoses solutions !

Hope this will rock !!!

Have a nice day.
Ouille

PostPosted: Fri Sep 04, 2009 7:26 pm 

Sounds great ! Will try this ASAP.

Aren't we touching the point where we should think about creating a "user manual" for import/export scripts ? This new envmap feature is not easy to find when you're not reading the forum as we are :) Any idea on this subject ?

PostPosted: Fri Sep 11, 2009 4:26 pm 

Hello,

I began to write a wiki page. Found lots of bug in my script ... so i'm desesperated !

Anyway, blender 2.5 will change lot's of things in blender/python api. I think that we probably have to rewrite import and export script for this version.

I'll make a tutorial at this time, if everyone agree.

Have a nice day.

Ouille.

Last edited by ouille on Sat Oct 10, 2009 11:14 am, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Sat Oct 10, 2009 9:17 am 

st wrote:
I am looking forward to try ManiaCrash someday, thanks for sharing information. :D

About the environment mapping you were right. It was very easy to quickly give the car some metallic look.
I've modified the related TRI files myself by hand. Perhaps it is planned to make it possible to do it with the export script.

Currently, without splitting up the main car texture into several others, it's not easily possible to make only a selected subset of the parts of the car look metallic, because you don't know about that parts looking at the TRI file.
The only way I know is to rip out the parts from the main texture you want to add with an environment texture and save it to another separate texture. IMHO the easiest method for me seems to have a special texture file including all parts of the model which will get the environment texture.
Just dreaming: The optimal way should be to assign the environment texture to selected vertex groups inside Blender. :roll:

un petit screen sur les avacées des graphismes? :p

PostPosted: Sat Oct 10, 2009 11:06 am 

Bonjour,

Avec les vitres arrières fumées !!!

Pas mal.

hello

Ouahou back windows are smoked

Not so bad.

Ouille

EDIT: Poor english translation ...

Last edited by ouille on Sat Oct 10, 2009 8:12 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Sat Oct 10, 2009 3:15 pm 

Looks like you just forget which language to use in this topic for others to understand you, no ? :)

PostPosted: Sat Oct 10, 2009 3:53 pm 

we can use Et language for nobody understand, like this the egality of the language... :D

PostPosted: Sun Oct 11, 2009 2:14 pm 

nostalgeek wrote:
I've tried to translate your question, but I don't understand it clearly. Please ask again in detailed english language.

The car is not finished indeed, there're much things to do on it, but I haven't found enough time to get it fully completed yet.

PostPosted: Sun Oct 11, 2009 3:03 pm 

st wrote:
nostalgeek wrote:
I've tried to translate your question, but I don't understand it clearly. Please ask again in detailed english language.

The car is not finished indeed, there're much things to do on it, but I haven't found enough time to get it fully completed yet.

i reply about the maniacrash post of xfennec :) i say something like "a little screenshot for look the graphics news?"

PostPosted: Sun Oct 11, 2009 3:34 pm 

Alright! :lol:

PostPosted: Mon Oct 12, 2009 7:20 pm 

graphics news ?